The Skincare Company
The Skincare Company Vitamin B3 Serum
This is it: Vitamin B3 serum.
What is it: The Skincare Company has developed this light serum based niacinamide (Vitamin B3) formula to strengthen and rejuvenate the skin against a broad range of conditions. Niacinamide has been shown to help normalise sebum/oil production and is therefore effective in helping to treat acne.
As niacinamide helps to strengthen the outer layer of the skin it can be very effective when treating pigmentation while hydrating and nourishing the skin. It has been shown to help the skin from losing water content thus improving skin hydration of the dermis and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps decrease skin discolouration, redness and sallowness. Ideal for all skin types, it should be used in the morning.
Why we love it:
- Rejuvenation – Important cell energiser and skin rejuvenator.
- Anti-inflammatory – Assists in skin healing. Involved in the regulation of the DNA repair.
- Strengthening – Increases the biosynthesis of stratum corneum lipids including ceramide, decreasing TEWL and improving skin barrier function.
- Easy to use – Lightweight and fast-absorbing serum formulation.
- Regulates oil flow – Normalises sebum production helping to treat acne.
- Decreases pigmentation – Decreases epidermal discolourations, redness and sallowness.
- Lightweight and fast absorbing serum formulation.
- Normalises sebum production helping to treat acne.
- Anti-inflammatory properties assist with skin healing.
- Decreases epidermal discolourations, redness and sallowness.
Suitable for all skin types. Especially ageing, pigmented, oily or red skins.
Niacinamide: Helps to visibly improve the appearance of enlarged pores, improve skin’s elasticity, uneven skin tone, fine lines, dullness, and a weakened skin surface.
MSM (methylsulfonylmethane): Bioactive ingredient, anti-inflammatory, organic form of sulfur. MSM is an organic sulphur compound that is found in plants and animal. It is used to treat arthritis and is an excellent wound healing agent. MSM can strengthen the skin support structure, enhance collagen formation and decrease inflammation. Studies have shown benefit in a range of areas including wrinkle reduction and rosacea.
Hydroxytyrosol: Bioactive ingredient, anti-inflammatory from olive extract. It's the major phenolic compounds in olive oil and is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds. It has anti aging benefits and also can lighten skin pigmentation. Hydroxytyrosol also is a potent antimicrobial compounds and can prevent damage by UVA and UVB radiation. It is a very safe compound and is a part of our normal diet.
Salicylic acid: Bioactive ingredient. Also called beta hydroxy acid (BHA), this multifunctional ingredient addresses many of the systemic causes of acne. Its primary benefit is as an exfoliant, helping shed dead skin in a way similar to how skin acts when we are younger.
Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Viginiana extract): Antibacterial, anti-acne, reduces redness.
Purified Water, Niacinamide, Hyaluronic acid, MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), Hydroxytyrosol, Phenoxyethanol, Salicylic acid, Witch Hazel (Hamamelis Viginiana extract).